Thermal imaging (Thermography) is a non-destructive, non-intrusive testing process used to display heat or infra-red radiation from equipment as an image. The process is mainly used as a preventative maintenance tool to predict equipment failure by trend analysis of temperature.
All thermal imaging results can be captured and compiled into a graphics based report.
Common applications of thermal imaging include:
- Identification of overheating bearings and gearbox assemblies.
- Monitoring of lagging and insulation condition.
- Identification of overloaded or loose fitting electrical cables.
- Identification of heat loss from chilled environments.
- Monitoring of electrical switchgear for loose connections and failing components.